You're not old!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Happy Saturday! I'm sharing a project over at My Craft Spot today and am posting it here on my blog too. My sister celebrated her birthday a couple of days ago and this is the card that I created for her. We have a bit of joke between us which started when we took a trip to Egypt together years ago. I kept giving her all my things to hold so I could take photos and she ended up carrying my things all over. She asked if I thought she was my camel (as there are lots of camels carrying things in Egypt) and I started calling her Kami (as a nickname for "camel"). It stuck! Now, I always try to get her camel-themed cards and gifts. Camel cards are made easier with my Silhouette!!



The camel itself is a file I found at the Silhouette store (#5628). After cutting and assembling her, I popped her onto the background I created with some patterned paper and borders cut using the Fancy Edges 2 metal die set. I then stamped a sentiment from the Birthday Wishes set onto my banner, which was created using the Ribbon Banners - Straight metal dies. I used some enamel dots for my camel's eyes and on the banner too.


I used more Birthday Wishes sentiments for the inside of my card, and also decorated it with some patterned paper and a Fancy Edges 2 border.

Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, how fun is this!! That is the cutest camel ever!! And I love your story with your sister!! What a fun tradition!! I know she loved this card - it's fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Kate, this is so cute! I love the adorable camel! Your sis will love it:)
Hope your having a great wknd!
Sherrie K

jessica said...

OMG how adorable is this card Kate!! Your sister is going to LOVE it!!! Great story to go along with your card too...such fun memories!!!
AWESOME job!!

Georgiana said...

That sure is a cute camel! Fun memory you shared!

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH... This is super cute Kate! So glad you & your sister have this cute joke to share! LOVE the camel and the pretty colors/paper! I'm sure she will love it! :)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>